Put on your thinking caps and your Machingers and join our 2023 quilt challenge, “Wedges”. So grab your 9°, 10°, 15°, 45°, or whatever size rulers you have and create! We will show off our modern wedge quilts at the July 2023 meeting.
- Quilts can be machine pieced or appliqued
- Quilts can be hand quilted, machine quilted, or both
- The finished quilt should be no smaller than 33″ and no larger than 75″ in width and length
- The quilt top must contain recognizable wedges
- The wedges do not have to form a complete circle. Think about alternate layouts
- Upon showing off your Wedge quilt, you will receive one ticket for the quarterly raffle.
The MQG Website is a great resource for all kinds of modern techniques. Christina Cameli’s video, “Wedge Quilts Go Modern”, gives plenty of tips, tricks, and inspiration to help you get started on your modern wedge quilt. Click here to check it out.
Check out Christina Cameli’s book, “Wedge Quilt Workshop”