Every year the IEMQG selects a Nominating Committee, which according to our bylaws, consists of three people. This year’s committee is chaired by Elizabeth Eastmond, and she will work closely with Judy Racine and Jen Adams.
Our goal is to identify the positions that are coming open for the year 2021, and to ask for nominations from our membership, or hope that our members will volunteer to assist. Our basic term is one year, with the possibility (if you choose) to continue for another term. At our general meeting tomorrow we will present more to you, but this post is to acquaint you with the basics, and also to have a reference document.
We are in the process of canvassing the Board and while not all have responded, these are the positions on the Board we anticipate will be open:
President – the full job description is up above, under the tab Bylaws, but the basic tenets are these:
- Oversees the smooth running of the Guild
- Presides at all General, Special and Board Meetings
- Acts as Official Spokesperson for the Guild
- Appoints Committee Chairpersons
- Cosigns with the Treasurer on bank accounts
The estimated monthly time of service runs about three hours, not including the meetings. Because we now have Zoom, both the Board and General meetings run about 60-90 minutes. We need someone with broad organizational skills, who likes to work with people. It is rare that we don’t have someone waiting in the wings, but this is a chance to step up and create your mark, with support from our talented Board.
Committee Chairpersons–The following committee slots are available for you to volunteer:
- Membership: keeps tracks of members, troubleshoots with the National Guild, maintains the Google Contacts list
- Ways and Means (Fundraising): assists in monthly raffles (when we resume in-person meetings), helps with generating operating funds for our Guild
- Charity: liaison between community organizations who need our quilts and time and members who give their quilts and time
- Social Media: Maintains both Instagram and Facebook accounts
We may have one or two more slots (again, all the surveys are not all back), but we’ll let you know at our meeting tomorrow, September 5th.
Please consider what you might give to the Guild, in terms of time. We’d love to have you help us!