First up at our meeting this month was to tour Sharon’s sewing space or “therapy” room as she likes to call it. We all enjoyed touring her large sewing room and seeing her vintage Micky Mouse collection as well. Thank you Sharon!
Next Laura showed slides on how to create her fabric postcards. Check your email as Laura emailed the instructions if you’d like to create them for family and friends for the holiday season. Thank you Laura!
Lastly, we toured Gayle’s sewing space. She took us through the transformation of dining room to sewing room. We love how she utilizes her space and that it also can be used as a guest room. Thank you Gayle!
Unfortunately, Patti was not able to present her “Three Ways to Add Words to Quilts”. However, she will demonstrate this at our January meeting – stay tuned!
2022 Executive Board
Congratulations to the newly elected 2022 Executive Board members. The new Board for 2022 is as follows:
- President: Candy S
- VP of Programs: Laura G
- VP of Communications: Patti R
- Treasurer: Gayle B
- Co-Secretary: Lynn H and Debi Gardner
Just a reminder that QuiltCon FREE registration ends on November 30th. If you think that you may attend, it’s worthy of registering for your free entry into the event. This is a “perk” of your paid membership. Register through the website. and click on the QUILTCON tab.
Holiday Party (in person)
Our Christmas party will be held in person at the Lake Mathews Community Room starting at 11 am on Saturday, December 4th.
- Bring your own lunch.
- Bring a $15-20 quilt related gift in a brown paper bag folded on top (please do not staple or tape) for the Bad Santa game
- Bring your Show & Share, including your Mini Mod Swap blocks
- Wear holiday attire: ugly sweater, mask, etc.
- Water, coffee, tea, and a cupcake will be provided
- Activities: Bad Santa game, Never Have I Ever game, Owl pincushion project, Show & Share
We hope to see you in person next month!