We had a great November meeting! Thank you to Sharon Bergh, Jennifer Boling, Lynn Hanna and Candy Scott, for your fantastic Member University demonstrations.
If you missed the meeting, we’ll catch you up on what’s happening at the IEMQG. Read on for important announcements and some beautiful quilts from our talented members.
Our Board election was held this month. Congratulations to our 2023 leadership. We are so grateful for their volunteerism. We still have openings. If you would like to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com . Our 2023 Slate is as follows:
- President: Candy Scott
- Co-VP Programs: Jennifer Boling and Laura Greene
- VP Communications: Patti Reyes
- Co-Secretary: Debbie Lepper and Debi LoCicero
- Treasurer: Gayle Bennett
- Parliamentarian: Open
- Facilities Chair: Christine Sharp
- Retreat Chair: Lynn Hanna
- Block of the Month: Trisha Williams
- Hospitality: Pat Klassen
It’s time to renew memberships for 2023. Dues this year are $45 and include a book of 6 tickets for our Opportunity Quilt. Dues may be paid via cash, check, or PayPal. Please use the membership form found on our website right here.
We Need Road to CA Volunteers
If you’re attending Road to California, please consider donating a couple hours of your time to help us get volunteer hours. We need 20 hours total. Donating your time helps us to sell Opportunity Quilt tickets. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help, and be sure to check out our our Opportunity Quilt here.
Community Outreach Quilt
Our quilt top is finished! A huge thank you to all of our helpers. We now need a name for our quilt, and a few donations to pay for quilting. Please consider donating a few dollars at our next meeting or via PayPal. Name our quilt! If you have an idea for a catchy name, email us. There are prizes involved. Click here to see the finished quilt top.
- Retreat, November 7th – 10th at Vina De Lestonnac: Total cost is $410 for four nights and meals. Please pay in full. More information in Member’s Corner.
- Drop in and Sew: On Zoom. Link goes out the Sunday before. November 14th and 28th from 7 to 9 pm. More information in Member’s Corner.
- Be sure to check out the MQG Website for important updates. It is not too late to register for QuiltCon or join the Mini Swap.
- Road to CA Special Exhibit: SCCQG Quilts of California. Deadline to enter is October 24th. Enter Here
- Road to CA Opportunity Quilt: Volunteers are needed to sell Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets at the show on Friday, and also to help with the show in other ways (ie white gloving, set up, take down). You can earn free admission If you volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- December 10th Meeting: Holiday Party! More information to come.
- February 4th Meeting: Guest Speaker, Carolina Oneto
- June 3rd Meeting: Guest Speaker, Veruschka Zarate of Pride & Joy Quilting