Guest Speaker Debi Gardner
This month our Guest Speaker was IEMQG Member, Debi Gardner. She shared her journey into modern quilting and many of the beautiful quilts she has made along the way. Debi can do it all; appliqué, English paper piecing, improv, tiny piecing, art quilts…
You name it, she has given it a try, and regardless of the method, her quilts are stunning. Her use of color and contrast are outstanding. Thank you, Debi, for sharing your quilts with us.
Block of the Month
Here is our April Block of the Month. You may make it in any size and with any color palette. For more details, ideas, and tutorials visit our 2023 BOM page here.
May 6th Meeting
In May we are meeting at a new location, SSgt. Salvador J. Lara Casa Blanca Library, 2985 Madison St, Riverside, CA 925043.
We are having a Sit and Sew event in the morning beginning at 10 am. Our meeting starts at 2 pm. Laura Green will be our program speaker and she plans to have lots of Modern Wedge Inspiration to kick start our Modern Wedge Challenge. Get the challenge details here. Be sure to bring your sewing machine, sewing supplies and a small project to work on. Maybe you’ll want to bring your wedge project!
Evolving Threads heads to International Quilt Festival!
Evolving Threads is a group of IEMQG members and friends who have started a monthly 12″ x 12″ quilt challenge with the goals of camaraderie and artistic growth. Every month the members individually create original mini quilts inspired by a prompt. They then meet to share their work. Evolving Threads applied for an opportunity to exhibit their work at the International Quilt Festival – Long Beach, July 6th – 8th, and they were accepted! Congratulations to Evolving Threads!
Show and Share
- It’s not too late to become a 2023 member. The cost is $45 and includes one book of Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets. Go to Members’ Corner or email us at iemodernquiltguild.@gmail.com for more information.
- Sign-up for our 2023 Retreat, November 6-9th at Vina de Lestonnac. Total cost is $445, and includes four nights and all meals. Deposit of $100 required. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- Drop-in Sew via Zoom. April 10th and 24th, 7 – 9pm. Zoom Link goes out on the Sunday before.
- May 6th Guild Meeting at NEW LOCATION, Casa Blanca Library. Bring your sewing machine and supplies for Sit and Sew at 10 am. Meeting starts at 2 pm.
- Saturday, July 1st Meeting: Modern Wedge Challenge Reveal. Get the details here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.