SAQA Trunk Show
Thank you to member, Lynn Hanna, for bringing us the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) trunk show that included 40 unique mini art quilts, and showcased a variety of materials, techniques, and subject matter. Members who attended were delighted with a broad spectrum of creativity. There was so much to explore!
Check out this slide show of meeting photos to see all the fun!
Show and Share
We had a fantastic August Show and Share!!! Please check out the slide show below for all the beautiful finishes by our talented members. If you have quilts to share, please email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org , and if you are attending in person, please bring your show and share items along. We love seeing what you’ve created.
Dates to Remember
- QuiltCon Community Challenge Quilt. Join us and help make our 2023 QuiltCon Quilt. We have scheduled three sewing days at Lake Mathews Community Center. Be sure to save these dates, August 10th, September 21st, and October 15th from 10 am to 3 pm. Learn all about this great opportunity here.
- Don’t miss our Retreat, November 7th – 10th at Vina De Lestonnac: $100 reserves your spot. Total cost is $410 for four nights, meals included. More information in Members’ Corner.
- Drop in and Sew: On Zoom. Links go out the Sunday before August 8th and 22nd 7pm to 9pm. More information in Members’ Corner.
- Be sure to check out the MQG Website for important updates. QuiltCon registration begins on August 16th the catalog is now available.
- Check out MQG Virtual Sessions: October 13-16, register on MQG Website.
- Dont miss our September 3rd Meeting, at Arlington Public Library and on Zoom. More details to come.
- September: Christine Sharpe will teach us to make Holiday Stockings and Patti Reyes will show us a few tips and tricks for making beautiful quilts from scraps
- October: Laura Green will teach us some useful binding techniques.
- November: Member University, and… did you adopt orphan blocks at our May meeting? Be ready to share your results in November.