Thank you to all of our wonderful members who attended our December meeting/holiday party and contributed to all the fun and fanfare. We started the meeting with a few important announcements, followed by a great chili potluck with plenty of sweet treats. We had our Orphan Block Reveal and Show and Share. We played Bad Santa where each member was able to win (or steal) a generous sewing gift, and we chose a name for our 2023 QuiltCon community Outreach Quilt. Please read on for all the details!
- We need VOLUNTEERS to white glove at Road to California. Contact Gayle Bennett at email@example.com
- Sign-ups have started for our 2023 Retreat, November 6 – 9 at Vina de Lestonnac. Total cost is $410, and includes four nights and all meals. Deposit of $100 required. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- 2023 Membership dues are now due. The cost is $45 and includes one book of Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- IEMQG received a Thank-You letter from House of Ruth for our generous donation of quilts and pillowcases. Thank you, to all of our Members for your wonderful contributions!
- Drop-in Sew: on Zoom. Link goes out the Sunday before. December 26th, 7 – 9pm.
- Saturday, January 7, General Meeting, “Introduction to Wedges Using the the MQG Website as a Resource”
- Saturday, February 4th Meeting: Guest speaker Carolina Oneto
- Sunday June 4rd Meeting: Guest Speaker, Veruschka Zarate of Pride and Joy Quilting
2023 QuiltCon Community Outreach Quilt
After 3 full sewing days, Quilting by Kelley Bachli and binding by Sharon Berg and Patti Reyes, our quilt is finished and ready for QuiltCon 2023. We had a naming contest with seven clever entries. Members voted for their favorite and Kelley Bachli’s entry “Into the Deep” won. Congratulations Kelley! Thank you to all of our Members who contributed to this fantastic quilt.
Orphan Block Reveal
At our May meeting, members donated left over blocks from past quilting projects. Members were then encouraged to take blocks from the donation pile and repurpose them. It was amazing to see what our talented members produced
Show and Share
Our talented members never disappoint!