We had a very well attended January meeting. What a great way to begin the new year! Our president, Candy Scott started the meeting off with some important announcements. She was followed by an introduction to our 2023 Block of the Month program by member, TriciaWilliams. Next we saw many fantastic show and share items from our talented members. Program Vice President’s Laura Green and Jennifer Boling wrapped it up with a fun, informative, and interactive workshop on modern wedges. Following the workshop they announced our first challenge of 2023 – the Modern Wedge Challenge!
Did you miss the meeting? Do you need a brief review? Then read on because we’re have all the details right here!
- 2023 Membership dues are now due. The cost is $45 and includes one book of Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- Sign-ups have started for our 2023 Retreat, November 6-9th at Vina de Lestonnac. Total cost is $410, and includes four nights and all meals. Deposit of $100 required. Go to Members’Corner for more information.
- Drop-in Sew: on Zoom. Link goes out the Sunday before. January 9th and 23rd, 7 – 9pm.
- Saturday, February 4th Meeting: Guest speaker Carolina Oneto
- Saturday March 4th Meeting: 2022 BOM Reveal. Have at least a quilt top to show.
- Sunday June 4rd Meeting: Guest Speaker, Veruschka Zarate of Pride and Joy Quilting
- Saturday, July 1st Meeting: Wedge Challenge Reveal
- Fabric of a Nation Exhibit at Skirball Cultural Center now through March 12, 2023. Click here for more Info
2023 Block of the Month
Guild member Tricia Williams kicked off our program with Half Square Triangles (HST’s). This year each block will be made with 16 same-sized HST’s. This modern take on a sampler quilt was designed by Omaha Modern Quilt Guild Member, Stephanie Jacobson and is used with her permission. Members will need a total of 192 same-sized HST’s. The size of the finished quilt will depend on the size of the HST’s each member chooses to make, and whether or not sashing is used. There are plenty of ways to make HST’s and we will share some of them on the Block of the Month page here. Check out the page for all the details, some inspiration, and some helpful tutorials.
Modern Wedge Challenge
Put on your thinking caps and your Machingers and join our 2023 quilt challenge, “Wedges”. Grab your 9°, 10°, 15°, 45° or whatever size wedge you have and create! We will show off our quilts at the July 2023 meeting. For the rules and other helpful information, check out our our 2023 Challenge page.
Show and Share
Our talent members had quilt a variety of work to impress us with!
You must be logged in to post a comment.