We had record attendance at our meeting this month, about 20 people in person and 20 on zoom! It was so much fun to see everyone. We had several new members in attendance and some guests as well. Our speaker, Carolina Oneto, was a real treat! Carolina is a wife, mother, civil/industrial engineer, and an award winning modern quilter who has immersed herself in the study of the principals of art. She is well know for her colorful quilts and she gave us a terrific lecture on “The Power of Color.” She overwhelmed us with beautiful examples of color inspiration and she shared how color can be used to influence the elements and principles of art. She graciously provided us with an outline of her presentation. Members can access it in Member’s Corner on our website.
Did you miss the meeting? Do you need an overview of upcoming activities? No worries. We have all the details below!
February Block of the Month
Here is our Block of the Month. You may make it any size and with any color palette. Although we are only making one block (left), it’s fun to see the versatility of this block. For more details visit our 2023 BOM page here.
2023 Opportunity Quilt
Can you help us sell raffle tickets for our Opportunity Quilt fund raiser? If you attend other guild meetings, please consider asking if you can take our quilt to your meeting and sell tickets. This quilt is so beautiful, that the tickets practically sell themselves! For more information about the quilt go to the 2023 Opportunity Quilt page on our website here.
Our March Meeting will be via Zoom and in person at Arlanza Library. We will have our 2022 Block of the Month reveal. Its not too late to participate. All 12 block patterns are available in Member’s Corner . They sew together quickly, and you only need to bring a finished quilt top to participate. Also, If you would like to donate your quilt top to charity, bring us your backing and binding and we will finish your quilt. Just make sure your backing is 8″ longer and 8″ wider than your quilt top. Each donation to charity gets you an entry into the end-of-year raffle basket drawing. We will also have a guest speaker at our March meeting. Ector Simpson, of Mizell Senior Center will speak to us about the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt.
- 2023 Membership dues are now due. The cost is $45 and includes one book of Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- Sign-ups have started for our 2023 Retreat, November 6-9th at Vina de Lestonnac. Total cost is $445, and includes four nights and all meals. Deposit of $100 required. Go to Members’ Corner for more information.
- Drop-in Sew: on Zoom. Link goes out the Sunday before. February 13th and 27th, 7 – 9pm.
- QuiltCon is February 22nd – 26th in Atlanta Georgia. If you can’t attend, follow the hashtag #quiltcon2023 for updates.
- Saturday March 4th Meeting: 2022 BOM Reveal and guest speaker for NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt.
- Sunday June 4th Meeting: Guest Speaker, Veruschka Zarate of Pride and Joy Quilting.
- Saturday, July 1st Meeting: Modern Wedge Challenge Reveal. Get the details here.
- Fabric of a Nation Exhibit at Skirball Cultural Center now through March 12, 2023. Reservation may be required. Click here for more Info.
You must be logged in to post a comment.