Minutes · Minutes General Board

May 2018 Board Meeting Minutes

IEMQG Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Panda Inn, Ontario, CA

The meeting was called to order at 6:59 p.m. by Laura Greene, with the following members in attendance:  Laura Greene, Cat Wallace, Jennifer Adams, Gayle Bennett, Pat Klassen, and Tricia Williams.  Tricia Williams took minutes in the absence of Secretary Candace Kimball.

Old Business:

Committee Reports:

Cat Wallace, VP Programs

June meeting –Trunk Show by Natalie Barnes of Beyond the Reef.  Cat said that she spoke to Natalie who is excited to come to our meeting.  Cake will be served to celebrate our two-year anniversary.

July meeting – Tricia Williams, who was scheduled to do a Spotlight Quilter presentation, will be out of town and unable to attend.  Cat Wallace is scheduled to do a Transition Quilter presentation.  Cat will invite Simone Bradford to do a Spotlight Quilter Presentation on herself and possibly bring some of the fabric for us to buy.   If Simone is unable to do that, Cat will instead do her Nevertheless She Persisted speech that she did at the Upland Library earlier this year.

August meeting – Shawnee Miller will be giving her Thrilling Threads lecture.  Cat shared a flyer that she has prepared about Shawnee’s lecture on August 4 and her workshop on August 19.

September meeting – Song Title Challenge quilts will be revealed.  Linda Rasmussen has offered to once again critique our creations.

October meeting – Upcycle Sale at Mountain Shadows Clubhouse.  Jen will tell Becky that we offered to help her get items ready for the sale.

November meeting – Member University at Mountain Shadows Clubhouse.  Planned stations include:  MQG Website tutorial by Laura Greene; AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutter demonstration by Tricia Williams; Quick Curve Ruler demonstration by Pat Klassen, and possibly a machine binding lesson by Donna Gaston.

December meeting – Holiday Party at Mountain Shadows Clubhouse.  Additional details to follow.

After discussion, it was moved, seconded, and approved that Cat will contact Linda Sullivan to do a Colourwerx Trunk Show at our January 2019 meeting.

The February 2019 meeting needs to be a little shorter so that we can approve the annual budget.

Laura will contact Batty Lady for either February, April, or July 2019.  Cat will send contracts for all speakers. We agreed that we will have two challenges next year, which will be due in March and September.

 

VP Communications – No old business.  Tricia asked if the public can access our minutes on the website.  Jen said that our entire site can be accessed by anyone.  Gayle said that is the reason we do not put confidential items (such as account balances) in the minutes.  Jen said that if we decide it’s necessary in the future, certain areas of the website can be locked so that only members can access them.

 

Treasurer – Gayle reported on our financial condition and we reviewed the bank balance and projected income. Our main income producer will be the Upcycle Sale in October.  Laura mentioned that the MQG site has information about to organize a sale.

 

Welcome/Refreshments – Pat reported that Laura Greene will bring the birthday cake from Costco, Pat will pick up paper goods, and Allison is bringing drinks.

 

Raffle – No old business

 

Charity – Laura will remind Amy that at each meeting, we need a sheet at the Welcome Table for people to record their donations.

 

Membership – After the June meeting, Tricia will send the updated membership roster to Jen, who will send it out to all members requesting that they contact Tricia with any corrections.

 

President – Review Bylaws.  We agreed on the following changes:

Article V Section 1 – No changes

Article V Section 2 – At the end of the first sentence, add, “and may be a special meeting of the Executive Board.”

Article V Section 3 – No changes

Article V Section 4 – After first sentence, add “Members may exercise their right to examine the financial reports by contacting the Treasurer. “

Article V Section 5 – No changes

 

New Business:

There was no other new business.

 

Next meeting – June 26, 6:30 p.m. at Joann’s

 

Tentative IEMQG General Meeting Agenda
June 2, 2018 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Community Center, Grand Terrace
22795 Barton Rd, Grand Terrace, CA 92313

Welcome – Warm up
“My fabric is organized well at my home”
Happy Birthday – we are two years old.  Short history by Laura.
Minutes on website; finances available from treasurer
Committee reports
Program Annoucements – Cat Wallace:
June Sit and Sew at Mountain Shadows
July meeting
August meeting
Challenge – Gayle Bennett: Song Title Challenge drawing during break
Retreat waitlist
Block Lotto – Shelley Wardrop: Raffle for arrow blocks
July block lotto
Refreshments Sign up – Pat Klassen
Break:  Visit and snacks
Beyond the Reef – Natalie Barnes (announced by Cat)
Show and Share
Raffles: Fat Quarter Raffle & Name Tag Raffle – Pat Klassen
Adjourn

 

Respectfully submitted,
Tricia Williams

 

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s