Did you miss our October meeting? Well now you can get caught up with what’s happening at the IEMQG. Read on for important announcements and some eye candy from our members, and don’t forget to Like this post.
It’s Time to Vote!
We owe a big thank you to our nominating committee, Jennifer Boling, Michele Nichols, and Candy Scott, for filling our slate. We will vote on these positions at our November meeting. There are still a few unfilled opportunities for anyone who is interested in joining us. We have lots and lots of fun! The slate is proposed as follows:
- President – Candy Scott
- VP Programs – Jennifer Boling and Laura Greene
- VP Communications – Patti Reyes
- Secretary – Debbi LoCicero and Debbi Lepper
- Treasurer – Gayle Bennett
- Assistant Treasurer – Open
- Membership and Social Media – Kate McCarthy
- Parliamentarian – Open
- Block of the Month – Trisha Williams
- Hospitality – Pat Klassen
- Facilities – Christine Sharp
- Retreat – Lynn Hanna
- Charity Quilts – Gayle Bennett
- Opportunity Quilt – Open
Our October program was all about quilt binding. Laura Greene demonstrated a fast and easy way to attach quilt bindings. She gave us tips and tricks for squaring up quilts, and turning perfect corners. She also showed us how to make biased binding, faced binding, scalloped binding and flanged binding.
- QuiltCon Community Challenge Quilt. Join us and help finish our 2023 QuiltCon quilt. Our last sewing day is Saturday, October 15th from 10am to 3pm at Lake Mathews Community Center. Be sure to save the date! See more information here.
- Don’t Miss our Retreat, November 7th – 10th at Vina De Lestonnac: Total cost is $410 for four nights and meals. Please pay in full. More information in Member’s Corner.
- Drop in and Sew: On Zoom. Link goes out the Sunday before. October 10th and 24th from 7 to 9 pm. More information in Member’s Corner.
- QuiltCon Submission Deadline: Monday, October 31st. More info here
- MQG Sessions: Oct. 13-16, Virtual event, $95 fee. Register at MQG Sessions.
- Be sure to check out the MQG Website for important updates. It is not too late to register for QuiltCon or join the Mini Swap.
- Road to CA Special Exhibit: SCCQG Quilts of California. Deadline to enter is October 24th. Enter Here
- Road to CA Opportunity Quilt: Volunteers are needed to sell Opportunity Quilt raffle tickets at the show on Friday, and also to help with the show in other ways (ie white gloving, set up, take down). You can earn free admission If you volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- November 5th Meeting: Member University! Sharon Bergh will talk about Bias Markers and Rotary Cutter Care, Jennifer Boling will show us how to Iron on the Bias, Christine Sharp will demonstrate Making a Wallet, and Lynn Hanna will give an Art Book Review
- December 10th Meeting: Holiday Party! More information to come.
- February 4th Meeting: Guest Speaker, Carolina Oneto
- June 3rd Meeting: Guest Speaker, Veruschka Zarate of Pride & Joy Quilting
Gayle Bennett showed us some examples of three-yard quilts that our members made for donation to House of Ruth, a national organization serving the Inland Empire, founded in 1976 and opened on November 21, 1977. House of Ruth is a non-profit organization that serves men, women and children who are abused and homeless. If you are interested in making a quilt for House of Ruth, we have fabric for you, or you are welcome to use your own fabric.
Show and Share
Our talented members never disappoint. Here’s a review of what we were treated to!
You must be logged in to post a comment.