What an Inspirational meeting we had in June! In her lecture, “Spontaneous Creation and Inspiration”, our guest speaker, Sheila Frampton Cooper, shared her early artistic endeavors and quilting journey which started with the “Linus Project”. She took us through her move abroad, the evolution of her improvisational art and quilts, and her hand dyed fabrics. She showed many of her beautiful quilts in different stages of development giving us a clue into her upcoming workshop. You can see more of Sheila’s wonderful quilts and art work on her website zoombaby.com
After Sheila’s lecture, We Celebrated our 6th Birthday!!! Thank you to our President, Candy Scott who spoiled us with delicious mini bundt cakes for all!
Congratulations to our new member Barbara Dawson, our membership raffle winner.
Please Join us for Sheila Frampton Cooper’s workshop, “Lines and Curves”. Sheila will guide us through the process of designing our own quilt with little or no pre-planning. She’ll discuss basic design and composition, color and value, quilting, and most importantly, we’ll learn to trust our instincts!!
Class Details: $45 for members, $55 for nonmembers, July 3rd and 10th, 10 am to 1 pm on Zoom. Pay Via PayPal. Email us to let us know you’re signing up or with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be making our own unique quilt similar to the one pictured below.
- 100% cotton solids. Make sure to have light, medium, and dark values for each color you plan to use. Solid fat quarter bundles with color gradients work well.
- Try to have at least a yard of background fabric, in several shades or cream/taupe.
- Basic sewing supplies: sewing machine, thread, rotary cutter, mat, seam ripper, iron, spray bottle, sketch book and pencil, flannel design wall.
For more information about supplies and fabric selection please visit zoombaby.com
Be sure to save the dates below and join us for some quilty fun!
Email us any time at iemoderquiltguild.com with questions.
- Next General Meeting July 2nd, 2 pm, Arlington Library 9556 Magnolia Ave, Riverside.
- Roundabout Challenge: Due at July Meeting. Details on website. Bring your quit to the meeting and email us a photo for our members on Zoom.
- Raffle Basket: It is overflowing with goodies that could be yours! Tickets will be on sale at the July meeting. The winner will be picked at the July meeting.
- Volunteers Needed: to sell Opportunity Quilt tickets at the Long Beach Quilt Festival, Thursday August 4th through Saturday August 6th.
- QuiltCon Community Challenge: Help us make a group quilt for QuiltCon. This year’s theme is Color Shift, and we’ve scheduled some sewing days. Save the dates and join us: Aug. 10th, Sept. 21, and Oct. 15. More info to come. For more information please go to http://QuiltCon.com and select Quilt Show, Challenges.
- QuiltCon Challenges: The MQG has announced several individual challenges for QuiltCon 2023. Don’t miss your opportunity to participate! use the same link above.
- Sew Powerful Purses: Please consider making a purse for African women and girls to carry their feminine hygiene products to and from school and work. The pattern and more information can be found at www.sewpowerful.org. You can give your purse to Laura Green at the July meeting.
- Don’t miss our Retreat on November 7th – 10th at Vina De Lestonnac: $100 reserves your spot. Total cost is $410 for four nights and meals. more information in Member’s Corner.
- Drop in and Sew: June 13th and 27th, 7 to 9 pm.
- Join our 12 x 12 Challenge: Contact email@example.com
- Global Quilt Connection Sampler Platter: July 30th and 31st from 12 to 3pm Pacific Time