INSPIRED MODERN IMPROVISATIONAL DESIGN With Allyson Allen
This workshop will challenge you to make your next quilt truly your own. No patterns means no two will be a like. Some are twists on traditional blocks. You’ll also practice sewing narrow seams.
- Sewing machine
- Scissors, pins, thread to match background fabric, a rotary cutter
- 12″ or longer ruler, mat (a longer ruler and mat will work best)
- Two yards of a solid background fabric
- Four to six fat quarters (2 that contrast, others that coordinate with the background)
- 1-8″ square of black or grey
- Any of the fabrics can be very small scale prints that read as solids
For the workshop students should bring cotton fabrics. They should not worry about trying to match the fabrics in the sample quilt. If participants are curious, I only quilt upholstery weight silk and satin, not dress weight. I will have sample swatches in class.
Sponsored by Citrus Belt Quilters
- Thursday, June 29
- Young Hall, Church of the Nazarene
- 1307 E. Citrus, Redlands, CA
- 9:00am-3:00pm (set up any time after 8am)
Bring a sack lunch.
Class fee is, $30 made payable to Citrus Belt Quilters
Contact Jo Ann Coble at 951-682-5272 to sign up
Thanks for letting us know about this Cindy!